Is your ceiling fan wabbling or is it just too high to thoroughly clean or change the bulbs? This service will provide the following:
- Before I begin, I will evaluate the wabble and document the current condition with a short video.
- Furniture in the general area of the fan will be protected with drop cloths
- All surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned with earth-friendly cleaner . In most cases, fans build up significant dust on the leading edge, so I will have a vacuum running to keep the dust contained. This cleaning includes everything from the ceiling down (e.g. poles and fan motors)
- Next, I will tight all the screws (Screws that attach the fan to the ceiling box, fan blades and light kit)
- It doesn’t take much weight at the tip of a blade to cause a wobble, so cleaning off the dust may have solved the problem! The wobble will be re-evaluated.
- If there is still wobble, I will resolve this by using a balancing kit and adding a small weight to the top of the offending blade.
Notes/exclusions: If you need the fan replaced or a new ceiling fan installed, Oregon law requires this work be completed by a licensed electrician.
Customer to supply light bulbs.
Ceiling height above 14′ may be additional cost. (to be quoted before work begins)
Moving of furniture may be additional cost. (to be quoted before work begins)