The Construction Contractors Board published a document helping consumers through the process of selecting a contractor. This guide will make suggestions on:
- How to find and choose a contractor
- What to expect in the bidding process
- How to negotiate a contract
- Benefits of using licensed contractors
- Dangers of using unlicensed contractors
- How (and why!) to verify a contractor’s license
- What you need to know about building permit
It is especially important to understand the risks of using an unlicensed company or individual to do work on your house. Even the smallest repairs may end up costing you significantly more than you expected if the work is done wrong, damages your home/belongings or the worker is hurt while on your property.
You can download the document by clicking the link below:
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.